2. Safari and (this ancient version of) Wordpress do not play nicely together, as evidenced by the lack of a freakin’ TOOLBAR on the page where I’m working.
3. I had an idea this morning about a presentation topic for a professional conference. I am keeping the details to myself for the moment.
4. This particular time in my life is not the greatest. Unexpected things are turning out to be far more difficult than anticipated, on an ongoing basis rather than a daily one. (e.g. It’s been only in the last couple of weeks that I really got a handle on the routine of going to work and retrieving all my kids from the places they are.) It’s a lot of slogging, for a variety of reasons, and I want VERY much to claw my way out of it.
5. On a more positive note, I am looking forward to a Napa cabbage salad (a la Deborah Madison) alongside a veggie stir-fry for dinner. I am also looking forward to taking a walk this afternoon, since I won’t have a lot more opportunities this year. (It is gorgeous and 60, in Minnesota, in November. One would be totally justified in asking, “WTF?”)
6. I need new snow boots, and so do my big kids.
7. I am near finishing a pair of boring black husband socks and contemplating what should be next on the needles. Trying to resist starting something for a kid, because I’m pretty sure it’s my turn. Also trying to knit a little every day, because I’ve been out of that habit for some months and it’s starting to wear on me to Not Make Things.
That’s all for now.