Because I am a follower, that’s why. (Also because it’s eleventy-four thousand degrees outside, but we don’t have to talk about that, jeez.)
Ten fun things to do instead of watching TV (if you’re me):
- Knit. I currently have a pair of husband socks and a baby-sized wrap sweater on the needles.
- Sew. I put together a kit for a Mini Market Tote a while back, and that’s next. Except it’s been next for a while and in the meantime I made some clothes for my daughters and a couple of baby beach balls. I’m also collecting twill and denim for a potential set of stuffed blocks.
- Ride bikes with Adam, even if it’s only for a little while (see aforementioned temperature advisory).
- Make puzzles with Becky.
- Work on a list of 101 Things in 1001 Days. I am looking to post mine on August 1.
- Call someone - an old friend or a faraway relative.
- Bake something, or marinate something for dinner.
- Repot a plant, or investigate rosebushes for the gaping hole in the front flowerbed from which I recently removed AN ELM TREE.
- Read. Download a new audiobook, if nothing else. I got those Audible credits piling up.
- Play with the baby (assuming she’s awake, in which case that’s really the only one of these ten things that can happen).
Please note that I did NOT include items like laundry and washing the dishes - because while those obviously prevent sustained TV-watching, they are on every list every day and fairly inevitable in a household where we like to wear clothes and eat food.